secure transfers and authentication

Hi List

I was wondering if anyone had run across anything that would help with my current project. I am looking to automate transfers over an insecure network where both the client and server are authenticated to each other. My current line of thinking is using ssl signed certificates from our Certificate authority to do the authentication and then https to transfer the data. Putting aside that http may not be the best transfer mechanism for data can anyone make any suggestions or point out any potential pitfalls that maybe there? It is vital that the transfer is protected and that the client and server is authenticated.

Thanks

mgk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL security authorization?
    ... > I see that we are talking about a kind of interactive authentication ... > (Most of the time the actual HTTPS url is masked ... > the secure server.) ... either urllib or urllib2. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Repeated Failure Audits - related to RPC over HTTPS
    ... for OWA and one is dedicated for RPC over HTTPS. ... select the check box next to Basic authentication (password is sent in clear ... front-end server, but they persist on the back-end server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Problems with tcl SOAP and https via proxy
    ... server .. ... I beleive that that the problem may be with authentication to the https ... The authentication is to the webservice, not the proxy server. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Securing Data Transfer
    ... You may want to take a look at a file upload apple that will send the ... files over https to your FTP server. ... And the https tunneling servlet UnlimitedFTP.Secure - ... Like the authentication schemes available to you, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Detection of access to IIS
    ... Yes, I have some third party authentication I wish to use, and the ... server, and then to verify themselves against the authentication ... > web site on the server using HTTPS and TCP port 443, ... > One potential drawback though is that you would want to have an SSL ...