Re: File sharing with Bittorrent: what possible security threads?

KDE(kdm to be more exact) disables per default the ability to login as root,
thus the session is in 99,99% an user and not admin/root. So the only thing
that might have happend is a user starting a console session with root
rights. An thus your virus need to hack the console session or rootkit. I
prefer playing with aliases more, for example putting in .bashrc 'sudo
apt-get update'='sudo <run malicios program> && apt-get update'.
I think everybody likes old school tricks.

Cheers
Orlin

На Thursday 27 March 2008 15:31:11 Adam Pal написа:
"Wow,

send it to me -- I want to see this rarity!" :-)

--
Regards,
ASK

Hi Alex, i would like to add that i see no difference between the usual
Windows-user and the linux-user who stays logged in as root on his KDE and
surfs on the web (yes, such behavioral patterns exists *G* ), so from this
point of view, in certain circumstances linux viruses propagate similar to
windows-viruses.

regards

Adam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET Application - Defined???
    ... Session, depending upon the browser. ... > business object into session state. ... > - Then Main.aspx did the bus obj user validation and filled out the rest ... > Sure the Default.aspx is in the apps root and Main.aspx is in a sub-folder ...
  • Re: is it a security problem in Mandrake 9.1???
    ... > password......after installation click on any other rpm that is ... > to be installed and it goes on smoothely without root ... Red Hat uses a similar session setup. ... notified of a possible security problem in their implementation. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: kick off sun ray user
    ... I usually broke the screen saver with the root ... :%On the Sun Ray server, ... :%session by e.g. logging in with the user's login and root's password ... :%I know I can kill the users Xsession process, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: How to seize control of user terminal?
    ... >> 3) Come home and realize SSH task is still running, ... If I am using a shell on a campus ... can the root account snoop my terminal session? ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: CANNOT Get Remote X to Work -- Guru Needed
    ... I have the client software on the Windows XP box configured as shown on ... ON THE REMOTE MACHINE: Login, open a terminal, and become root. ... so you can return to the text session and logout of the root session. ...
    (Fedora)