Re: File sharing with Bittorrent: what possible security threads?

The problem is that a lot of uploads are purely malicious code, eg. a
"program" that installs a backdoor.

I wouldn't try removing malware, as chances are malware is all you got.

If he's truly devoted to his filesharing he could join a private
tracker, which would be more moderated and have less malicious
content.

Hope that helps,

--
Razi

On 3/26/08, Simon Jolle sjolle <urandomdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/26/2008 04:36 PM, Razi Shaban wrote:
> I think the most common and worrisome problem you'll face is Hippard's
> #1, the embedded malware etc.

Can you give me more details about techniques how they do it? Is it
possible to remove this embedded malware? With what tools?

cheers

Simon

Relevant Pages

  • Moyes must go now
    ... Cameron, Milliband, Osborne, Moyes their time has run out - we can ... give them no more chances. ... This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Do I have a virus?
    ... Flatten and rebuild - don't worry about how some malware may ... hiding somewhere waiting to reinfest your system. ... The chances ... During a proper "level and rebuild" operation, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Do I have a virus?
    ... Flatten and rebuild - don't worry about how some malware may ... hiding somewhere waiting to reinfest your system. ... The chances ... During a proper "level and rebuild" operation, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Do I have a virus?
    ... Flatten and rebuild - don't worry about how some malware may ... hiding somewhere waiting to reinfest your system. ... The chances ... During a proper "level and rebuild" operation, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: virus in video???? Help!!!!!!!
    ... Why didn't their anti-viral software catch the stuff? ... You are correct that the avi file might have embedded malware but ... running that malware is a different matter entirely and you would need ... problem was not caused by malware embedded in the avi file. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)