From: brookerj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 25 Mar 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: Protecting Client Identity

What are the best practices generally used to authenticate a client or external advisor that is calling in to get information regarding a client's account? We have discussed the use of non-specific client questions that would be stored in our CRM however I would like to hear what other corporations are doing. Specifically in the financial industries area.

Thank you,

Sheldon Malm
Director
Security Research and Development