From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Douglas K. Fischer
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:50 PM
To: ыфзкфт
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FDE solution for laptops

Sapran,

My organization has been using WinMagic's SecureDoc for almost 5 years
now and it is a very good product. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Doug

ыфзкфт wrote:
Hi list!

I am in search of a solution for full disk encryption. The main goal
is to protect data stored at travelling managers' laptops from loss
and/or theft of device.

I had tried the shiny new TrueCrypt 5 with system drive/partition
encryption, but it made an OEM XP boot into safe mode only, so I guess
that's not a right choice.

I will appreciate any help on topic.

Here come some details:
1) We use mostly Dells: Inprisons, Inspirons and Vostros.
2) The encryption must be easily recoverable using rescue CD/DVD or smth.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: FDE solution for laptops
    ... so no more complex password and it support whole disk ... Subject: FDE solution for laptops ... I am in search of a solution for full disk encryption. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: FDE solution for laptops
    ... Subject: FDE solution for laptops ... We use and resell pointsec. ... I am in search of a solution for full disk encryption. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: FDE solution for laptops
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: FDE solution for laptops
    ... Subject: FDE solution for laptops ... Secure Doc by win magic is what I have used on windows laptops and USB ... I am in search of a solution for full disk encryption. ... is to protect data stored at travelling managers' laptops from loss ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: The ugly side of using disk encryption
    ... That is good info about DriveCrypt. ... because compusec only supports 128 bit AES encryption. ... My forensic laptops are all DriveCrypted, I have let at least 50 different ... > EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
    (Security-Basics)