Re: How safe / unsafe is Free Open WiFi?
- From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:19:17 +0100
On 2008-03-11 Nick Duda wrote:
Not to go off topic too much, but my understanding is that WEP, while
it can be cracked is still hard to crack for the average home based on
the number of WEP packets that you need to capture in order to crack
WEP. Cracking it on a corporate network with lots of WEP activity
would be easier.
Is this not the case anymore?
It isn't, because the attacker can induce as much traffic as he needs.
Also the number of packets required for a successful attack has
dramatically decreased (see ).
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
--Jason Coombs on Bugtraq
- Prev by Date: Re: How safe / unsafe is Free Open WiFi?
- Next by Date: Syslog events generated by a security device.
- Previous by thread: RE: How safe / unsafe is Free Open WiFi?
- Next by thread: Re: How safe / unsafe is Free Open WiFi?