From: Franck Vervial [mailto:vervial@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 10:10 AM
To: Murda Mcloud
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: nix based ftp server suggestions

Try vsftpd (sorry I don't know exactly what you mean by "easy to manage", so
try it or look screenshots and see if it is enough easy).

2008/2/21, Murda Mcloud <murdamcloud@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a secure ftp server
with
easy to manage user setup.
Needs to be
1. nix based
2. easy user setup(user having ability to change their own passwords
would
be cool)
3. Easy to manage
4. Something people could use their browser to download/upload from.

I've seen Rumpus in action but it is mac based.
Open source would be best!

--
Sauvons la planète : http://www.criseclimatique.fr/
PGP Key ID: 5201BB4B , FPR: 5081 2A2F 0233 E6D9 E321 1538 D574 E36F 5201

Relevant Pages

  • Re: clientless windowsbased sftp / ssh server?
    ... > maybe run a secure http webserver instead of ftp server since ie6 ... > webserver then I think I can only download from it, ... No, you can upload too. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: help with permissions
    ... > i simply need to work out some permissions for my new ftp server. ... > read contents of pub and uploads but not download or delete ... to 'put stuff in upload'. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: How to see if someone is downloading from ftp server?
    ... >> I use my workstation as a ftp server (vsftpd) for my friends. ... if any download is active from the ftp server. ... >From anonymous or logged-in user. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • vsftpd watch problem
    ... I used vsftpd to setup a ftp server. ... some guys start to download something from my ftp server. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Jakarta common/net FTP - setRestartOffset - Upload Resume...
    ... I have tried to understand how to resume an upload or download using ... the FTPClient API from Jakarta common net libraries. ... of the offset or is it simply handled by the FTP server? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)