Re: Database Encryption and PCI issue.

Hello, Mohamed Farid!

What is problem to use hash value (e.g. SHA1 ) of PIN as PK?

Dear All :
We are in our way to have a PCI DSS complaint - and we are facing a
challenge to have encryption with our Database Systems.

The problem is that the Application we are using is using the PIN as a
primary key in the DB tables - and this will make it very hard to
encrypt the PIN columns ...

Anyway - we are using Oracle 9i and the server is connected to HP SAN.
Can anyone advise us: what are the systems we can go after to solve
this?
Is there any technique or 3rd party applications can help us to overcome
this?

M Farid

--
Тарас Иващенко (Taras Ivashchenko)