From: razigarbie@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 14 Jan 2008 12:52:35 -0000
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: guest + private wlan

Hi everyone,

Im in a position where i need to setup a guest wlan (open for public use)
and a employee wlan that will handle "buissess data".

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this setup would look like from a
secure perspective?

I thought of creating 2 VLANs one that uses WPA2 encryption while the other
one is open (both within DMZ), is this good/bad?

// Thanks in advance, boney

  • Re: Outlook over HTTP
    ... I would figure out a way to have both secure and guest wireless, ... So guest is on the OPT port, and the LAN is on its own port, and the SonicWall keeps them separate. ... The WAP is connected in parallel with SBS to the broadband router, ... How are you connecting the WAP to the broadband router? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Dumb question abt. Wireless WEP security
    ... There are new ways to help you make your wireless connection even more ... work with Cisco equipment. ... thing as TKIP except the server determines the hashed WEP key. ... the amount of traffic that is generated by the wireless network. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Frequent EAP Authentication
    ... Providing Secure Wireless Services ... IAS, open the Remote Access Policy, click the Edit Profile button, go to ... Microsoft Online Support ... | I've setup a 802.1x wireless network using WPA and TKIP. ...
  • Re: Cannot browse local or remote sites with any browser, FTP and email works fine
    ... I also used (in safe mode) several online port checkers and virus ... Q=> Are you using a NAT router? ... I have a Dlink wireless with ... > outside from using, abusing, or altering your wireless network ...
  • Re: WLAN security concerns
    ... I just set up a home wireless network and in the process ... Good question, Dave T. Wireless is in the air and if you don't properly secure your wireless network, then someone sitting outside your house can use your network and its bandwidth and get into your computers. ... Have a computer connected to the router with an ethernet cable. ... Your configuration utility may differ slightly from mine. ...