RE: Windows SCP using key files

How about PSCP from the PuTTY suite?

Eric White

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Josh Haft
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 2:10 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Windows SCP using key files

Hello all,

I've come across a situation where I need to download files via SSH
from a *nix machine to a Windows server. We are running the Windows
server and will be accessing the customers' nix server, hopefully
using a public/private key. We will have the private key here on our
Win machine and will transfer the public key to them. I am able to
generate to the pub/priv key using puttygen, but I am unsure as to the
next steps. I'm aware of cygwin, but that seems overkill for one
command. I also don't know how I would set that up. This will be an
automated procedure, as we have to grab files every night, perhaps
more frequently.

I've done pub/priv key auth between two Linux machines, and have even
automated it. I'd like to grab the files via a Linux machine, but the
files will have some post-download functions performed, and that part
can only run on Windows.

Any suggestions or comments you can provide would be helpful. I'm sure
someone has encountered and successfully solved this before, but 'the
google' hasn't helped much.

Thanks in advance.
Josh

  • Re: Windows SCP using key files
    ... from a *nix machine to a Windows server. ... We are running the Windows ... automated procedure, as we have to grab files every night, perhaps ... I've done pub/priv key auth between two Linux machines, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • printing from XP to Linux printer server
    ... For the first time in 10+ years of using Linux, I decided to take one of my Linux machines (running CentOS 5.4) and configure it to be a print server, so that I can print from the net to it (typically, from a Windows machine printing to the machine I want to use as the print server). ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: printing from XP to Linux printer server
    ... my Linux machines (running CentOS 5.4) and configure it to be a print ... server, so that I can print from the net to it (typically, from a ... Windows machine printing to the machine I want to use as the print ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Windows SCP using key files
    ... from a *nix machine to a Windows server. ... We are running the Windows ... I've done pub/priv key auth between two Linux machines, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Linux to net via Windows XP gateway
    ... I have two Linux machines I want to connect to the net via Windows XP ... machine or my DSL line and I am not allowed to change this. ... I added "192.168.0.1 Cowputer": to each Linux machine's hosts file, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)