Re: Which Infosec certification

Alok,

If you are looking for a job in the Defense contractor sector, DOD 8570.01-M specifies the following certifications for Information Assurance Technicials levels 1-3

Level 1:A+, Network+, SSCP
Level 2:GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP
Level 3:CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA

Some of these certifications require job experience prior to letting you take the test, but this should give you a good idea of what you're looking at.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Loose Cannon-dian
    ... Are there widely accepted certifications beyond ... limitations like no network, no floppies, ... ... I was merely trying to propose a scenario where a production ... security analysts will state that 60+% of security issues ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Trainigng and certifications path
    ... I would reccomend starting with a few base courses and certifications first. ... A+ training or one of the plethora of books out there. ... Required- Grab a network plus book and a server plus book. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: which is the most respected Linux certification?
    ... >so Linux is the closest. ... As for certifications, I think you know I'm not impressed with them. ... was referred in because he has a CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Certification Question
    ... being away from things didn't hamper my ability in the network admin ... Experience before certifications. ... but possible promotions look at a CCNA cert as a good thing. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Do people who take CCNA or MCSA also take A+ certification exam?
    ... pro's and con's of A+ and Network+, ... for other exams like the CCNA and 70-291 exams. ... Network+ together count as an elective for the MCSA/MCSE certifications. ... seen test questions similar to Security+ on some Microsoft exams like 70-622 ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)