From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Melissa
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 4:35 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question about GCIH

Hello all-

I am signed up to take SANS 504 and along with that I can take the
exam to become certified as a GCIH (GIAC certified Incident Handler
is I believe what it stands for). Anyways I called up SANS to ask them
a question and they *strongly* recommended I do the on-demand learning
thing as well to better help me prepare for the exam.

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on their suggestion. Is it
just a sales pitch or is the on-demand learning a viable, useful tool
to helping one pass the exam?

Thanks!

Melissa

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SANS Certification,
    ... Subject: SANS Certification, ... You also get 4 practice exams and then the real exam (which ... Norwich University ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Question about GCIH
    ... Subject: Question about GCIH ... I am signed up to take SANS 504 and along with that I can take the ... exam to become certified as a GCIH (GIAC certified Incident Handler ... a question and they *strongly* recommended I do the on-demand learning ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Question about GCIH
    ... I am signed up to take SANS 504 and along with that I can take the ... exam to become certified as a GCIH (GIAC certified Incident Handler ... a question and they *strongly* recommended I do the on-demand learning ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Sans GIAC GSEC exam
    ... to just write the exam. ... of those in the GSEC courseware. ... The practical sets SANS certifications apart ... Also I have the GSEC PRep guide by Mike ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: CISSP Question
    ... Plus, more interestingly enough, SANS is an alias for another corporation called Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies, INC. ... can actually have the chance to obtain the certification without any ... The baseline that I'm talking about is the level of a cert-holder's knowledge of the field being tested, not the ratio of potential to actual cert holders. ... that's pretty much how I'd regard the CBK review. ...
    (Security-Basics)