Re: Checkpoint Firewall denying Explicit SSL

On Dec 7, 2007 12:56 PM, TVB NOC <tvbnoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Check your smart defense settings, not sure exactly the area, but
somewhere in your settings I believe you will find FTP and SSL related
configurations.

We have gone though that. We did find an article that discussed
setting the rule to "FTP_BASIC", though that didn't seem to help
either. The recommendation to set that came from Checkpoint
themselves, in regard to the error that we are receiving back from the
Firewall.

There is another area too, but I can not remember without looking at the
dashboard... Sorry!!!

Nothing to be sorry about. Your comments are very much appreciated. :)

I will also see if I can locate your article too...

I would appreciate it. Thank you kindly. My efforts have come to be
rather fruitless...

We're actually down to the point that we are seriously considering
calling Checkpoint... :(

--
Rob

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FTP Access
    ... But the above settings didn't work with one station where we're using IE7. ... I've also tried uncheck'g "use passive FTP" ... (Either Third party Firewall or Windows Firewall) ... Did you have IE7 Beta installed before installing the Final release of IE7, ...
  • Re: FTP known SBS issue
    ... What DID work was to add an excetion rule to the Windows Firewall settings ... Dreamweaver in ISA 2004 and elevate it to above the standard FTP rules... ... Do I need to install this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: IIS 6 FTP
    ... the server after making a permissions change causes the settings to work ... This leads me to believe that the settings are cached ... Objet: IIS 6 FTP ... I configured permissions using two groups: ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Lost XP User Account Settings After Password Change
    ... previous configuration (containing my desktop shortcuts, Windows ... settings and shortcuts are missing from my now default desktop layout ... folder as it contains all of my missing user configurations, ... application ini's and desktop shortcuts. ...