Re: Checkpoint Firewall denying Explicit SSL

Turn off SmartDefense even if only in monitor mode. I have to do it all the time for clients.

Chris Serafin
Security Engineer

Rob Thompson wrote:
Hello list,

I hope that this is an okay place to post this thread. I am really
not sure where else to go and I feel it'll be more productive than
trying to call Checkpoint.

I am running into a problem where I have a Checkpoint firewall that I
am being blocked by. (It's our firewall that's doing the blocking...
Funny huh?)

I am attempting to connect to an Explicit SSL FTP server. (Why
explicit??? Beats me, not nearly as secure as Implicit SSL.)

When I connect, the initial connection occurs fine and I am receiving
the initial response from the server that I am connecting to. The
problem is the data connect is not being allowed out of my network.

I have done a little bit of research on this and found that there is a
bug with Checkpoint firewalls and SSL via FTP. I was referred to
"Checkpoint support article sk9930" by a site that I Blackled.

Here's the problem, I can't find this article. I tried to locate it
via Checkpoints site and either this article is too old and is no
longer posted or...well I can never really find anything through that
company... Their site is, IMO, a true cluster.... Blackle/Yahoo - is
coming up with nothing.

Newho - is there anyone out there that has or can point me to a site
that has article SK9930? I really would like to be able to help fix
this problem without having to call Checkpoint out here to fix a known
bad problem in their device. Not to mention the hassle of trying to
even deal with them.

I'm sorry that this e-mail is so vague, I included what I think is
pertinent. If you need further information, I will do my best to
provide what I can.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided...

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Checkpoint Firewall denying Explicit SSL
    ... Checkpoint Firewall denying Explicit SSL ... I am running into a problem where I have a Checkpoint firewall that I ... I am attempting to connect to an Explicit SSL FTP server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Checkpoint Firewall denying Explicit SSL
    ... I am running into a problem where I have a Checkpoint firewall that I ... I am attempting to connect to an Explicit SSL FTP server. ... I really would like to be able to help fix ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: VPN Symantec Gateway Security - Checkpoint Firewall
    ... Only some Client's behind the SGS should be able ... to connect to the Checkpoint firewall per Checkpoint Client Software. ... The Checkpoint Client Software tell me, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Trying to set up an IKE vpn between FreeBSD and Checkpoint FW-1
    ... I am trying to get an IKE vpn going between a 4.2-RELEASE machine (using racoon ... for key exchange) and a Checkpoint firewall. ... I was able to speak with Checkpoint Tech support on this and they did confirm ... I have looked for RFCs to find out which is the accepted standard but could not ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)