From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Askew JBASKEW
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 2:57 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: remote access to server

What is the industry standard or best practice in setting up remote access
to a 2003 server? What are the security implications associated with setting
up remote access? I am looking for a solution that would preferably not
require the purchase of any hardware and would allow me to perform basic
administrative tasks such as setting up new users, changing permissions,
etc. Sorry if this is double posted as I am having some trouble with my
email.

Thanks,
Blake

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN Issue
    ... This really sounds more and more like hardware. ... remote location over RWW, but the server doesn't have outbound Internet? ... SBS is using for Internet - in other words, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Where to find local help?
    ... Anyway, the system consists of a Dell server, a few local XPP workstations, a hardware based router, a hardware VPN and a remote XPP workstation and Mac OSX computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #152
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Real Networks Helix Universal Server Remote Buffer Overflow ... ... NEW PRODUCTS FOR MICROSOFT PLATFORMS ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #140
    ... Cafelog b2 Remote File Include Vulnerability ... Webfroot Shoutbox Remote Command Execution Vulnerability ... Pablo Software Solutions Baby POP3 Server Multiple Connection... ... Microsoft Windows XP Nested Directory Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Remote Office Configuration Suggestions?
    ... The additional DC at the remote site, could not be the SBS server, as you ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)