From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Charles mckee
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:12 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Basic Question about Unix Login Server

Hello all,

I have a general question about which Unix system can serve as a login
server. With this login server is must comply to Nispom regulations.
Also with this server can you please explain what package I would use
and what flavors of Unix one could use with it. I am in a HP-UX,
Solaris, Linux and Windows.

If this does not make to much since please email directly so I can
better explain.

Respectfully Yours
Chuck

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global Communications, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Access Denied message evenwhen loging in locallyafter joining
    ... -The other computers and the Unix box are in a workgroup. ... -The only problem is that I can not access the shared folders in the Unix ... So, as I said, I can connect to the Unix server to use the company's ... > Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: My browser shuts down when attempting to view my website
    ... The Unix server vs. a Windows server issue is just a guess solution. ... Publisher sites don't work well in FF, so that isn't too viable either. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: FP 2002 Extensions: Permissions Administration / Send an Invi
    ... You may wish to post in the Unix server extensions newsgroup, ... Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ... |> I imported a htaccess file into my frontpage and then onto my site. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Installed Kerberos, and now?
    ... Active Directory can work fine in a Unix ... > openldap server in our environment. ... > But as far as synchronizing unix and windows authentication... ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: Linux - SAMBA/OpenLDAP/Plone/OpenExchange
    ... There is a drastic difference between Windows environment ... adminstration and Unix (Linux mimics Unix, but its close enough to be ... appropriate configuration file to the new server, ... but what I have done in MS world is make my clients ...
    (alt.os.linux)