RE: Block simulteneuos logons

You could modify to group policy in AD to only allow a single login.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward Jones, please send this request to messages@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You must include the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications. For important additional information related to this e-mail, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure

-----Original Message-----

From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:02 AM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Block simulteneuos logons

I need assistance with the following query.. My company has a lot of
remote access users and the problem that I am having is that most of my
users use their AD accounts simulteneously. What I mean is that my users
have dialing access and dial back options and what they do is they allow
their family members to use their accounts during the day while they are
at work working. So what I want to do is to block or allow only single
logon for all users on the network. I want my system to be able to
detect if the user has already logged on be either by dialup or network
and deny the 2nd logon. what solutions can I implement?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... The server is not configured for transactions" ... "Access Denied" Message When Opening from or Saving to a Network Folder ... Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you ... "An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection" While ...