Re: Network monitoring PC.

Nick Vaernhoej wrote:
Good afternoon,

I am looking for ideas for software ideal for installation on a PC which
will be used for monitoring our LAN/WAN.
The WAN is over a MPLS circuit so nothing out of the ordinary needed for
monitoring.
The PC will be plugged into a mirrored port when needed, so what I am
thinking is a Linux build with ntop, wireshark/tcpdump and what else?
I am not opposed to a Windows install at all.
Just looking for ideas.
Single workstation, mirrored port, only monitoring, not mitigating or
actively scanning.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Nick Vaernhoej

This electronic transmission is intended for the addressee (s) named above. It contains information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from use and disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copy, or dissemination of this transmission or the taking of any action in reliance on its contents, or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender that this message was received in error and then delete this message.
Thank you.

<http://www.securixlive.com/knoppix-nsm/>

John

Relevant Pages

  • Network monitoring PC.
    ... I am looking for ideas for software ideal for installation on a PC which ... will be used for monitoring our LAN/WAN. ... The WAN is over a MPLS circuit so nothing out of the ordinary needed for ... The PC will be plugged into a mirrored port when needed, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Network monitoring PC.
    ... I am looking for ideas for software ideal for installation on a PC which ... will be used for monitoring our LAN/WAN. ... The PC will be plugged into a mirrored port when needed, ... thinking is a Linux build with ntop, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Network monitoring PC.
    ... Subject: Network monitoring PC. ... I am looking for ideas for software ideal for installation on a PC which ... The PC will be plugged into a mirrored port when needed, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax
    ... labor wage for the area in which the installation occured. ... the customer can find monitoring anywhere on the internet month to month. ... My responsibilities and the customer responsibilities ... are clearly outlined in my contract just as in yours. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: SBS Monitoring reinstall fails
    ... So I guess we can assume SBS Monitoring is installed ok. ... a error message appears during the installation. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)