Re: LAN issue

1) To enumerate shares on student machines, one tool that I've found
useful is Angry IP Scanner, found at
http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/. You'll want to grab the shares.dll
plugin for it, if you're scanning from a Windows box.

2) To stop it from happening, you'll need to either:

a) Stop them from being administrators on their machines
(*That's* not going to happen - just google 'nordahl
password' to see why)
or

b) Engineer your network so that SMB/CIFS doesn't work between
the workstations on your LAN.
(I find that highly unlikely also)

Kurt

On 25 Oct 2007 14:54:51 -0000, ankit.gupta.er@xxxxxxxxx