Advice on security certifications (CPTS yes or no)

Hi list,

stumbling around in various certification scenarios I'm trying to
achieve the most prestigous one aside from CISSP (which is certainly an
option for the not so near future).

I'm MCSA and i'm extending the cert to MCSA + security, but beside that
I was considering a "real" security cert like CPTS.

Are there any certifications that are better (=more valuable) than CPTS?
I'm especially interested in offensive security.

I hope you can tell me the virtues and downsides of CPTS-like certs.
TIA.

Cheers,
Markus

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Just getting started in pen-testing
    ... mailing list because now I'm taking a network security class. ... Pentesting to me as I said before is similar to an art. ... my most "coveted" for lack of better terms cert is the OSCP because I ... me to understand network and systems heavily before even focusing on tools. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Hacker Stories, Certs, vs Projects - Was Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 (FREEWARE)
    ... This information is useful only to senior security people who intend to ... and I ask them why they didn't spend the money to prove that they know ... better paying job. ... There was a time whence sec folks that could demonstrate real skills, real hands-on experience far beyond whosing a cert number for a passed CISSP exam made real money. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: CISSP-ISSMP
    ... they did not need a cert to get the same job you ... security attributes if that is the test bank you were lucky enough to ... You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ... FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: The Register: OpenVMS among most-secure of operating systems
    ... I can state that my VMS system has never been ... >> in any sort of security or DoS danger because of SSH. ... None of the vulnerabilities posted for BIND ... > for them or patches for cert advisories (if you understand ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: The Register: OpenVMS among most-secure of operating systems
    ... >> ahead of VMS for vunerabilities. ... > any sort of security or DoS danger because of SSH. ... > should have been reported to CERT (if CERT was to be used as a valid ... ACMS security hole No CERT Advisory. ...
    (comp.os.vms)