Re: Liscensing in Windows 2003 SBS

On 10/22/07, Sean Tindall <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
An SBS is not a regular Windows DC - you
can't add a new one to the domain and just transfer the roles. The best
way to migrate with that idea in mind is by using Jeff Middleton's Swing
Migration (

Your statement is not correct. There is a knowledge base article from
Microsoft which
describes the required steps to install a Windows SBS 2003 server into an
existing Active Directory:
This is more or less the way a "swing migration" works.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Upgrade SBS2000 to SBS2003 on a new server
    ... Jeff and I have been ... consulting Swing Migration documentation than it would have if I had. ... if I was doing a client network they would be paying ... >> Jeff doesn't sell the process, he sells an interpretation, guidelines, ...
  • Re: Replacing servers
    ... I have found that time saving with swing migration is not that much if you ... The small fee Jeff charges includes support and the time saved will more ...
  • Re: Swing Migration with SBS2K3Sp1 media
    ... BTW, on July 30th, Jeff ... > server that went through a previous swing migration. ... > Now that media for SBS2003 with SP1 slipstreamed is in hand, ... > SBS2003Sp1 (Sp1 preinstalled due to slipstreamed media) ...
  • Re: SBS 2003 migration to new hardware.....
    ... Many of us will say ditto about Jeff and his wonderful Swing Migration kit. ... information on redeploying my SBS 2003 setup to new hardware. ... had a response to my question. ...
  • Re: Would Liberals Support A Coup dEtat?
    ... Jeff, are you out of your mind? ... The realization ...