Wireless IP leads to arrest..

How can this be possibile?

A man in WNY was arrested and sentenced to a year in jail over an email with
the sole piece of evidence being an IP address? (- and a wirless IP address
at that?! -) How can they determine from an IP address who in the house or
on a network is actually on the computer?

Can anyone explain this to me?8-O

  • Re: Killed by her first ecstacy
    ... >> There is no real threat of jail for USE in the UK-straw man. ... >> I have an evidence base-you do not. ... > Holland where cannabis is defacto legal. ...
    (uk.politics.drugs)
  • Re: The Great Cheating Debate
    ... seen numerous players cheating even at the levels I play. ... How about some evidence Meyer Lansky was a Mafia member for decades? ... Never spent a day in jail. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Killed by her first ecstacy
    ... Ask those students who got 2 years jail for buying a few pills for some ... Even if there is no REAL threat, ... > I have an evidence base-you do not. ... Holland where cannabis is defacto legal. ...
    (uk.politics.drugs)
  • Re: Price gouging?
    ... >> auditor who can also go to jail if the statements are inaccurate. ... >> with no evidence nor any supporting sources. ... YOU are the one making up stupid conspiracy theories that you can't ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)