HTTPS redirections

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I am aware of PHP, sessions and header/redirection, but I am curious about
other methods/scripting languages that redirect client-side requests from
specific links within a webpage. I have noticed how some websites only
allow access to a particular page if a link within the page has been
'clicked' ie. user cannot paste link address in browser bar to get to
desired page. For security purposes I would like to create a script and
achieve similar results. Some rendition of CGI... apache modules maybe??
Any insite into how is this implemented; more specifically, how is this
implemented using HTTPS?

Thank you.

synt3gra IT Solutions

Relevant Pages

  • Re: register_globals - turning on
    ... >>default because of the history of PHP. ... >Sessions contain persistent data, ... >>paths are a tad confusing as well. ... >In the case of session data, the web server needs to be able ...
  • Session Variables Disappear and Reappear
    ... New to PHP and I've checked previous posts and haven't seen similar problem. ... I can also destroy sessions. ... message will disappear showing the "Please Login Form". ...
  • Re: register_globals - turning on
    ... >>an Apache module. ... >So basically using the .htaccess is a safe way of enabling sessions to ... >>Stick this file on the beginning of every PHP page processed. ... >>In the case of session data, the web server needs to be able ...
  • RE: [PHP] Clearing POST variable on page refresh
    ... [PHP] Clearing POST variable on page refresh ... Since you don't want to use sessions, ... Less than a week on an ultra busy server. ... This is most likely not a php thing, but would there be a way to refresh the ...
  • RE: [PHP] PHP not remembering sessions
    ... while this doesn't mean that save handler routines are not used, ... [PHP] PHP not remembering sessions ...