Re: carbonite

Pros: you can tell the end user that they are out of luck if they delete a file and did not back it up. That's about it IMO.

Security endorsements for that? Looks like a security nightmare.

Are you really going to place file backups on your Corporate users? If they have access to the site at work, they will have access to it from home. Thus, any "sensitive" data they back up, they can take home and send off to your competitors (to play devils advocate).

From my standpoint, anyone backing up corporate files over the Internet (in today's environment) would be writing themselves a pink slip.

Worse than "Gigli bad" IMO.

Run away from this fast. Besides, end users should not be pushing what products you use, nor should they care, as long as the products meet their needs.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Prediction for WC2010
    ... IMO. ... it's hard to claim it's just bad luck. ... France may have still been the best in the ... slightly better than Germany, but not so much as to be able to beat ...
    (rec.sport.soccer)
  • Re: Need an explanation
    ... IMO, another one of ... >> those no way to change your mind at the last second deals. ... > no luck at all. ... I think he drove over the debris from the exploded brake ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
  • Re: Need an explanation
    ... > Crusader wrote: ... IMO, another one of ... >> no luck at all. ... I think he drove over the debris from the exploded brake ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
  • Re: Need an explanation
    ... IMO, another one of ... >> those no way to change your mind at the last second deals. ... > no luck at all. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
  • Re: bsearch for Windows ce
    ... about VC for WinCE missing bsearch() ... ... >> IMO you should ask for your money back. ... > Good luck getting a refund from MS over a standards violation. ...
    (comp.lang.c)