From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Brinson
Sent: terça-feira, 8 de Maio de 2007 13:33
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive

I am currently working with a customer who needs to recover data from an external USB hard drive which has had it's only partition (NTFS) deleted.
Obviously Windows won't recognise the drive any more so I would like to know if anyone has any neat tricks or tips to access the drive and rebuild the partition without using commercial software, and preferrably via USB so I don't have to rip the drive out of it's casing.

Many thanks

Richard
AVISO LEGAL

Esta mensagem é confidencial e dirigida apenas ao destinatário. Se a recebeu por erro solicitamos que o comunique ao remetente e a elimine assim como qualquer documento anexo. Não há renúncia à confidencialidade nem a nenhum privilégio devido a erro de transmissão.
Qualquer opinião expressa nesta mensagem pertence unicamente ao autor remetente, e não representa necessariamente a opinião do Santander Totta, a não ser que expressamente se diga que o remetente está autorizado para o efectuar.

DISCLAIMER

This message is confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. If you received this message by mistake please inform the sender and delete the message and attachments. No confidentiality nor any privilege regarding the information is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
Any views or opinions contained in this message are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of Santander Totta, unless specifically stated and the sender is authorized to do so.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive
    ... Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive ... recebeu por erro solicitamos que o comunique ao remetente e a elimine = ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Great - I just lost 50 GB worth of data!
    ... Heres one example 'File Recovery', ... Why not install a slave hard drive just for holding data or better get ... a external USB hard drive enclosure, install a hard drive and via a USB ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Hard Drive
    ... the back ups are on the recovery ... Those are two partitions on the same drive. ... Do yourself a favor and buy an external USB hard ... conversatation going with these imbeciles. ...
  • Re: Hard Drive
    ... the back ups are on the recovery ... Those are two partitions on the same drive. ... You shouldn't be messing with ... Do yourself a favor and buy an external USB hard ...
  • RE: Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive
    ... you can be more sure that the source drive data is not being modified. ... Once you have an image you can recover the data that they want. ... Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive ...
    (Security-Basics)