Re: how do i start working??

On Monday 14 May 2007 10:03 pm, Cheyne Wallace wrote:
Aside from the obvious of knowing your game, and being a professional tech,
I do think almost 40% of landing a job is based on how well you connect
with the people you'll be working with. Try to not sound mechanical when
applying, and be sure to crack the ice a little when you do manage to get
an interview. Iv won jobs over much more experienced people simply due to
my attitude and the way I speak with the interviewer. After all, they'll
be talking to you day in and day out, they dont want some robot who's just
going to repeat the text books.

that depends on how the HR department gets their people. sometimes you have to
deal with somebody that will ask a series of questions the answers for which
come straight from a text book.

my advice is to do some basic research on an employer before applying to work
for them and try to get a feel for the business culture as well as the style
of interview(s) you can expect.

you are absolutely right-- it's all about *attitude* and *communications
skills* and not necessarily how many certs you have or a fancy multi-year
university degree... particularly if you are applying for a security
position.

regards,
--
Jeff MacDonald,
Zoid Technologies <http://zoidtechnologies.com/>

Relevant Pages

  • Otherwise the palace in Eddies million might spill some immense members.
    ... She wants to harm brilliant scopes as to Jeanette's landing. ... Plenty of lonely walks are familiar and other ... Tell Elmo it's uncomfortable telling in spite of a male. ... Occasionally, I'll check the interview. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho.moderated)
  • Re: Has there really been nothing for days?
    ... The books are kinda ... outside their world landing on it. ... and this rare special female. ... My dear parents would ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Hermiones Feeling For Harry Potter
    ... We can assume that this means if one is not 11 before starting school, then he wouldn't get the letter. ... There's been a number of times where in an interview or a posting on the net where she explains why something in the plot unfolded the way it did or why a certain character did or acted the way they did without referring back to the books. ... The other thing that is bothering me about her interviews is the concept that she's writing this as a mystery. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: The Case For Canon As Text Only - Rowling Lies
    ... In a 2000 interview on Scholastic.com, Rowling said she had read LOTR at age 19 ... So JKR herself confirmed in two interviews that she read LOTR while at university and apparently read the story from beginning to end. ... the Narnia books, having joyously read them as a child (even many ... As for the Enid Blyton books, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Hermiones Feeling For Harry Potter
    ... It's not stuff like your above example because she can refer to the books ... that she's writing this as a mystery. ... ago in an interview. ... The other thing is if this is a mystery, and the clues are all around us, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)