RE: Home laptops on a corporate network

I take it assigning the users who need to work from home company owned/managed laptops, and then providing VPN access to these laptops, is just not an option?

Setting up -somewhat- secure access to the corporate network from a staffers home computer just seems like too much trouble and too much risk for what you gain...it'd just be easier to buy/image/issue laptops.