Re: security-basics Digest 8 May 2007 17:21:06 -0000 Issue 1531

You will want to first try gpart. Failing that, foremost, magicrescue, and others...

--
Kristian Hermansen

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive
    ... Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive ... I am currently working with a customer who needs to recover data from an ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive
    ... you can be more sure that the source drive data is not being modified. ... Once you have an image you can recover the data that they want. ... Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: XP to Vista (ide/sata) Mystery
    ... broken or otherwise visible defects in the ide pins. ... odd though that it says that a partition is present -- where partition ... partition recovery is just a trial version and thus can effect zero changes ... fluctuations can damage the drive and/or the data structure on it. ...
  • Re: Backups
    ... >external USB hard drive, the partition is large enough. ... I did the SUSE backup ... Acronis True Image will do that well but doesn't run on Linux (but you ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive
    ... Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive ... it with CD based linux boot disks and rebuild disks that would cause my ...
    (Security-Basics)