Re: security-basics Digest 8 May 2007 17:21:06 -0000 Issue 1531
- From: Kristian Hermansen <kristian.hermansen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 15:28:53 -0400
You will want to first try gpart. Failing that, foremost, magicrescue, and others...
> Partition Recovery From External USB Hard Drive
> "Richard Brinson" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Tue, 8 May 2007 13:33:04 +0100
> I am currently working with a customer who needs to recover data from an
> external USB hard drive which has had it's only partition (NTFS) deleted.
> Obviously Windows won't recognise the drive any more so I would like to know
> if anyone has any neat tricks or tips to access the drive and rebuild the
> partition without using commercial software, and preferrably via USB so I
> don't have to rip the drive out of it's casing.
> Many thanks
- Prev by Date: RE: Home laptops on a corporate network
- Next by Date: RE: Home laptops on a corporate network
- Previous by thread: Nmap Crashing on wireless card
- Next by thread: Consulting Question