RE: CISSP Question

My original question was whether a Masters Degree in
Information Systems Security and a CCE Certification would
qualify me for CISSP or do I need several years experience in
the field.

You would, I think, need at least two years field experience. CCE is an
approved credential for a one year experience waiver. You can also apply for
a one year waiver in respect of a Masters in infosec (or a four year
bachelor's course) provided that it's from a U.S. National Center of
Academic Excellence in Information Security or regional equivalent, but I
think that's it. I don't speak for (ISC)2 though: you could try contacting
them direct to see if there's any further room for negotiation.

There were some suggestions as to what I could label as
"experience" and how to maybe cut corners. I never asked how
to cut corners to get the Cert.

Understood. Hope this helps.

--
David Harley CISSP
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher

Relevant Pages

  • RE: CISSP Question
    ... 2 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000 ... Subject: CISSP Question ... I am working VERY hard now to get my Masters in Information Systems Security as I am in a dead-end job as a Paralegal. ... To qualify for CISSP, you should have at least four years of experience in one ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: CISSP Question
    ... Have a minimum of four years of direct full-time security professional ... You don't have to be affiliated with an organization to take the CISSP ... ISACA does have a standard that is used in many places. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Hacker Stories, Certs, vs Projects - Was Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 (FREEWARE)
    ... you do not need 6 years of "security" work you only need to have ... you do not need to have a CISSP vouch for your experience. ... Credentials can only be looked at to strengthen the credibility of a ... You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Hacker Stories, Certs, vs Projects - Was Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 (FREEWARE)
    ... general security credential. ... I understand that a CISSP can tell me that ... Credentials can only be looked at to strengthen the credibility of a ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: question about CISSP experience requirements
    ... got my CISSP a some years back so there is some ... should specifically identify security experience. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center ...
    (Security-Basics)