USB ports Network

Hi All,

We got Windows 2003 AD domain with all the workstations/servers as Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. As part of our security policy we do not keep the USB ports enabled and disable them from BIOS itself. But we want to make sure that there are no machines which have USB port left enabled by mistake.
Is there any way/software whereby we can check/scan the ports remotely on the domain?

Thanks in advance.

Get a free email address with REAL anti-spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to tell whether a struct file is held by a process?
    ... As I said before neither pid or uid make any sense at all for a kernel ... Uid/gid file permissions need to be applied to the "lock file", ... the things I need the Windows VM for is a USB JTAG debug box that (for ... Basically I want one of my USB ports (which I plug into an external ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: usb ports not working in xp pro
    ... Tha computer was bought new from dell, and belongs to my golf club. ... prompted to by windows after updates etc. ... all of my usb ports stop responding when windows boots, ... This doesn't sound like a driver problem necessarily. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: My imitation Mac Pro
    ... Sell it with a hardware dongle. ... It is not like *every* OEM around offers more USB ports than Apple. ... wouldn't have to reboot to use Windows, but I could have an OS X ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error
    ... >the windows load screen pops up, a blue screen error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME ... I began by inserting the diskette that came with the ... Since my computer only has 4 USB ports, ... When the computer has finished booting and stops at the command prompt ...
  • Re: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... but could not establish a connection. ... Since my computer only has 4 USB ports, ... > USB cable from the monitor to the CPU. ...