From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Doug Schlachta
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:44 AM
To: bert.knabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Value of certifications

Bert,

I suggest that if you are going to look at the Security+ cert you
looking into the SSCP by ISC2 instead.
I have not seen much value given to Sec+ cert but I have seen value
given to the SSCP.
It also gives you a good step towards obtaining your CISSP eventually.

Regards
Douglas Schlachta
CISSP, SSCP, MCSE;Security, MCSE, CCNA, CFOT