Anonymity via Tor?

Hi all,

Any thoughts on "Tor"? Is this a safe and effective way to achieve anonymity
while online? Is there anything better or what other tools should this be
combined with?

http://tor.eff.org/

Thanks,

Zero1

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anonymity via Tor?
    ... Any thoughts on "Tor"? ... Is this a safe and effective way to achieve ... anonymity while online? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Anonymity via Tor?
    ... Now, Tor only provides you anonymity by obfuscating your IP address, but if you log into sites using your real name or something Googlable, you can still be tracked down. ... while online? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Something to read
    ... Truecrypt, http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads ... These programs offer a good degree of both anonymity and privacy. ... Tor, then it seems like a way to hide what you are doing. ... One of the most useful attributes of Tor are its hidden services. ...
    (alt.privacy)
  • On How Incivility Has Destroyed Usenet
    ... On how incivility has destroyed Usenet: ... Allow me to advance a radical thesis: Today?s outbreaks of nasty online behavior are directly linked to the history of the ... My opinion, however, is that certain details in the design of the ... transient anonymity coupled with a lack of consequences is what brings out online idiocy. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: On How Incivility Has Destroyed Usenet
    ... On how incivility has destroyed Usenet: ... Does anonymity breed nastiness in the online world? ... Allow me to advance a radical thesis: Today?s outbreaks of nasty online ... design, not the demographic, that concentrates bad behavior. ...
    (soc.retirement)