From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Kim Guldberg
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:18 PM
To: andrews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The Value of GIAC/GSEC Certification

Ohhhh yes, Big time

CISSP is a broad common body of knowledge certification with no depth at

all. IMHO anybody with 3 weeks time to spend, a reasonable head, a heart

for reading and remembering can pass a CISSP.

GIAC certifications requires knowledge, skill and understanding and has
depth. GIAC certifications are practical as well as theoretical.

A CISSP certification is a foundation certification that will lead to a
entry level job in the IT security industry or a non technical job, i.e.

sales or marketing, unless you have other expert level technical
education in witch case a CISSP will serve as an introduction into an IT

security job

GIAC will lead you to an expert level job, i.e. firewall analyst,
forensic analyst and the likes

Regards
Kim Guldberg
GCFW, CPSA

andrews@xxxxxxxxxxx skrev:

Does the GIAC/GSEC certification have value for someone with the CISSP

certification?

I am planning on getting my CISSP this year, but I may have a chance
to go for the GSEC a bit earlier. Would that add any value, or is it
a waste of time if I can attain the CISSP?

Brad

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Value of GIAC/GSEC Certification
    ... CISSP is a broad common body of knowledge certification with no depth at all. ... IMHO anybody with 3 weeks time to spend, a reasonable head, a heart for reading and remembering can pass a CISSP. ... A CISSP certification is a foundation certification that will lead to a entry level job in the IT security industry or a non technical job, i.e. sales or marketing, unless you have other expert level technical education in witch case a CISSP will serve as an introduction into an IT security job ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: The Value of GIAC/GSEC Certification
    ... I want to weight the value of spending the money and study time to get the GSEC, especially if I attend the SANS Security Essentials course this year. ... CISSP is a broad common body of knowledge certification with no depth ... GIAC will lead you to an expert level job, i.e. firewall analyst, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: OSCP
    ... The same is true for the CISSP. ... certification will be any more than paper professionals, ... Of course it is just paper, no different from OSCP. ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: CISSP Question
    ... or design, or consulting, what is the value of the CISSP? ... certification are aiming for. ... Eligibility doesn't require you to be practising or with experience in all ... professionals on the staff has a number of potential benefits to the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: MCSE: Security requirements
    ... Thank you for your e-mail regarding CISSP Certification. ... NewsFlash is the easiest way to stay current on Microsoft certification ... I don't care what Kanika says, the cert planner is what is used. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)