Re: NOC password management

On 14-Mar-07, at 8:20 AM, List Subscriptions wrote:

As the security administrator I constantly get complaints from the
network admins about how hard it is to remember all the passwords.
What are the best practices for enterprise password management? What
products are available? They came to me with Mandylion labs password
management token ( http://mandylionlabs.com/). Has anyone used this
product or have any insight into the best solution?

Thanks in advance

KeePass - http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/

Wide use, easy to use, excellent features. I highly recommend it. Store the db file on a network drive somewhere (it's encrypted) and then point each client install at it for use.

Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Bank Audit Best practices
    ... Your recommendation is in tune with best practices. ... educate the decision makers on internal FW, ACLs and network segmentation ... Subject: Bank Audit Best practices ... I'm looking for some feedback from other people who conduct security ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • NOC password management
    ... As the security administrator I constantly get complaints from the ... network admins about how hard it is to remember all the passwords. ... What are the best practices for enterprise password management? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Worms, Air Gaps and Responsibility
    ... Best practices aren't identical for all sites. ... > contract and the little guy wins. ... > securing the ENTIRE NETWORK. ... > automatically assumed by anyone remotely related to the security community. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Blocking Unauthorized Remote Access
    ... the citywide WiFi network. ... cable modem on Optimum Online, and the got to my show that way. ... The network admins at Fox News ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Exchange email mailbox size limits
    ... Best practices would say that PST's are evil. ... Accessing them over the network is not supported as well. ... The PST tide has been turning for a while now. ... I cant stop people from creating them, but we don't support ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)