From: TheGesus [mailto:thegesus@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 March 2007 5:19 AM
To: Craig Wright
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; alcides.hercules@xxxxxxxxx;
Scott.Ramsdell@xxxxxxxxxxx; wesley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FUD - was FAX a virus

On 3/2/07, Craig Wright <cwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

The idea of faxing a virus is ludicrous and this demonstrates the FUD
in the industry.

I remember when they said that about email.

Good Times, Good Times...

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation in respect of matters arising within those States and Territories of Australia where such legislation exists.

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disclose the information. If you have received this email in error, please inform us promptly by reply email or by telephoning +61 2 9286 5555. Please delete the email and destroy any printed copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. You may not rely on this message as advice unless it has been electronically signed by a Partner of BDO or it is subsequently confirmed by letter or fax signed by a Partner of BDO.

BDO accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments due to viruses, interference, interception, corruption or unauthorised access.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: FUD - was FAX a virus
    ... FUD is bad, please think first. ... I could send an email in text format with a virus and have it run. ... The responses demonstrate that people are willing to open their mouth without first checking the facts. ... Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation in respect of matters arising within those States and Territories of Australia where such legislation exists. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: saving word docs to my mac desktop
    ... 1- The webmail software is erroneously generating the virus alert (which is ... to Yahoo Mail which is responsible for the alerts. ... Normal template & see if it causes the same alert when you attach it. ... i complete a new word doc on either my iMac or Macbook, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Notify about using the e-mail account.
    ... But the virus has been removed (see attached text, ... The original attachment was of the .zip type, ... > How are we to know this isn't a spoofed spam email trying to get us to ... > ad> For further details see the attach. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Attachments Corrupted?
    ... Although I'm not sure about the current situation I am sure that reinstaling Office isn't the way to handle it... ... It would help if you supplied the exact wording of the message you receive, but for starters it doesn't necessarily mean that a virus is involved. ... Secondly, Entourage - AFAIK - doesn't scan for viruses in the documents you attach, so I suspect that message is being triggered by something else... ... If you ahven't been in the habit of doing so when updating OS X & most other software it might also be a good idea to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: i know who sent me a virus. virus name is..
    ... What did the subject heading say? ... in order to read the attach you have to use ... > gif file and a document.zip file. ... > program said it was a virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)