FAX a virus

Hi lists,
My FAX server allows me to receive faxes from my clients from Internet.
My clients send me some documents using their built-in Fax Printer on their PC. My fax server routes the stuff to the document processing applications. The document processing system extracts various data fields from received portable document format files.
The whole scenario is windows environment and let's assume that virus protection is temporarily off.

Now, I have a query:
Can anyone send a fax that includes a file infected with the virus/ worm operates as a VBS script embedded within a PDF/TIF file to cause infections to my computers/ to affect my FAX system?
What about other possibilities of "the bad guys" using some joiner (or wrapper as some say) to bind malware (trojan server etc) with the pdf/ TIF files and fax it to me?
I would be very greatful to know what are the various possibilities.

Warm regards,
Alcides.

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse. Arm your enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation, and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time from a single console.
Think what's next. Think BigFix.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/

  • RE: Users Cant Access Documents on Server
    ... Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup. ... As well as we know, if a workstation would not access network shares, then ... Leave the Default Gateway of the internal NIC blank of the server box. ... Clients That Require SMB Signing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Users Cant Access Documents on Server
    ... my computer to the network on the server. ... Connection Wizard none of the computers were listed. ... The Mac clients can not communicate with the server box. ... > Error Messages When You Open or Copy Network Files on Windows XP SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [SLE] SMTP authentication
    ... So eventhough my local SMTP server dials up to the internet with a certain username and password, that same username and password would not be used as authentication between my local SMTP server and the ISP's one, should it be used as a relay? ... either defer all outgoing mails until you connect to the internet, then flush out all the mails in the queue. ... Your local server would use an external program like fetchmail to poll the mailserver of your ISP, download the mails and feed them to Postfix. ... The test does NOT say "All clients must be in mynetworks, ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: VPN Clients Not Registering in AD DNS
    ... via VPN, the DNS records of the VPN clients are unable to be registered. ... Windows 2003 server? ... please let me know whether the clients get the IP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Users Cant Access Documents on Server
    ... > then add my computer to the network on the server. ... Did you not see the computers in the Server Management taskpad section? ... The Mac clients can not communicate with the server box. ... >> Error Messages When You Open or Copy Network Files on Windows XP SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)