Re: General question

Ouch, IMO - I wouldn't have said anything.

You basically have 3 options in my opinion:

1. Add value (essentially sell yourself more so people can see what you
bring to the table), so you can justify more money.

2. Don't put up with it, and go somewhere else that will pay you what you
want.

3. Obviously, do nothing and go back to work.

I would honestly recommend that you do a combination of the first 2
options. Don't stay somewhere that you aren't happy.

- --
Joe McCray
Toll Free: 1-866-892-2132
Email: joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.learnsecurityonline.com

what if your boss told you that the network engineers who maintain the
network and servers got paid more (10k more) than you the security
analyst because they DO MORE THINGS?
what would be your reaction?
In my situation I was like WTF (to myself of course) and basically
said that it was a totally different area and job description.
That also bought to my attention that maybe he didn't really read my
resume, cuz I was doing network administration for the past 6 yrs
before I got this job.
Now what does that tell you about the boss and my job?

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse. Arm your
enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations
engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation,
and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time
from a single console.
Think what's next. Think BigFix.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/

- --
Joe McCray
Toll Free: 1-866-892-2132
Email: joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.learnsecurityonline.com

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse. Arm your
enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations
engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation,
and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time
from a single console.
Think what's next. Think BigFix.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/

  • RE: Local Software Scanner for vulnerabilities
    ... BigFix is a great product, but it solves a different needs, is agent-based, and is not what I would describe as affordable for what you're trying to accomplish. ... Comparing local software and CVEs to issue security alerts. ... Simple to install, cross platforms ... LanDesk and Shavlik are other competitors in that systems management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: General question
    ... We live in a market economy. ... Pure economic reality. ... Founder of 2 security companies and still manager of risk and security with a hand on approach. ... BigFix ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Security Simplification
    ... Subject: Security Simplification ... BigFix ... engine. ... BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Hacking Book / Information
    ... hacking but never got myself to do it but now I am going to get serious ... Engineering and Architecting but not security. ... engine. ... BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Where is the head and tail?
    ... Backup Management - How regularly backup is taken, ... I am a novice when it comes to accounting and finance. ... Information Security Analyst ... BigFix ...
    (Security-Basics)