Remote Access Problem

Hello list,

We have a sub-contractor that develops software in his own lab, not in our
campus.
However, the computers in his lab are controlled by us, connected to our
Active Directory, and
the developers are logging using smart card windows authentication.

The security people raised a concern that a developer can copy the disk
image and log on
using his smart card from a different computer, outside the lab.

Is there a way to overcome this issue ? example: tight the system to some
physical attribute of the compute ?

We do take care of regular application level backup so we are willing to
"pay the price" and reinstall the
operating system etc. in case that the hardware will fail.

Regards,
Avi

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse. Arm your
enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations
engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation,
and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time
from a single console.
Think what's next. Think BigFix.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/

  • members of "user" group cannot access internet
    ... Problem with "user" account: unable to access any internet site; ... Computer lab; 10 PCs with identical hardware & software. ... None of the other 9 computers in the lab have this problem. ... Files can be accessed across the network, but I cannot access the internet ...
  • members of "user" group cannot access internet
    ... Problem with "user" account: unable to access any internet site; ... Computer lab; 10 PCs with identical hardware & software. ... None of the other 9 computers in the lab have this problem. ... Files can be accessed across the network, but I cannot access the internet ...
  • Re: advice on setting up lab
    ... A lab with at least three computers is great in my opinion. ... internet name resolution requests to your ISP dns server. ... 802.1X authentication if the WAP and wireless adapters are capable however I ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Any creative ideas?
    ... We have a lab with 300++ computers and we need a way to locate a specific ... I was able to run a program on a remote machine that beeped. ... Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: How to restrict some users to log in?
    ... the user right to Log on locally, or, the membership of the Users group, ... a minor reorganization so that there is an OU for computers of each lab, ... user-groups for different Labs -- for security issues, e.g. file sharing, ... belongs to that OU (not neccessary in the same Lab). ...
    (microsoft.public.security)