From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of nfanelli@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:56 AM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What backup software do you use and like?

Brent,
A recent client of mine expressed the same concerns with a similar
environment. I've always favored the BackupExec solution until version
11d, my only complaint to that point was the cost of the software and
that most small businesses I consult for could not afford it. After
speaking with several friends they advised me to look into a company
called Vembu (http://www.vembu.com/) that develops a package named
"Store Grid". Vembus' solution allows for disk to disk backups for
Exchange, Active Directory, SQL and more. Their web based console
includes dashboard reports, local to remote server migration, email
notifications, PRE/POST job commands and encryption to name a few. My
client has been running this solution for one month and is very pleased
with the results.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nicholas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: All of mount point in lost+found, is there any way Im not screwed?
    ... Unless the client chose to have their backups handled by their Windows ... HP-UX and AIX. ... There are 4 restore options possible. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Exchange 2007 CAS role and multiple sites
    ... "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ... at this point autodiscover only works when the client ... Branch office has separate connection to the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Need help restoring after failed hard drive
    ... network with 2 client computers/users and the SBS. ... they have were failed backups according to the log. ... existing profiles so the users don't lose their MyDocs, Desktop, etc. ... the domain user Joe whose credentials/profile is cached on that workstation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Webxception time-out
    ... The time-out exception can be occuring in one of two places - either the web ... Both will have an execution time-out limit on them. ... even if your client is ... > I have a webservice to let my users make backups on our servers. ...
  • Re: Clients cant login after restore SBS2003 SP2 - URGENT
    ... The daily backups had failed due to client not ... recovered the data from the dead drive using data recovery software. ... By following the process of removing the client PCs and setting them ... the target server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)