Re[3]: Identifying passion for security?

Hi,

A good idea whould be to have them do a few tests on sites like
www.hellboundhackers.org for example. It's fairly basic stuff (in
the beginning) but it would prove whether they know what they are
talking about or not. Then again, this will only be useful when
looking in the lines of penetration testers. Also another good idea
is to look for hackers in prison pending release. You'll have to
look hard for a trustworthy person but at the end of the day you'll
know that you got the best of the best with the highest degree of
passion availible. Alot of those people turn good after being to
prison but keeping a close eye on them wount do any harm.

I think really good ones are not in prison, nobody knows about them,
that's why they are really good. They know how to hide themselves, in
prison you can find script kiddies.. rare somebody with skills.

--
Best regards,

Roman Shirokov

e-mail:insecure@xxxxxxxxx
http://securitybox.org.ru

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp?loc=sfmaildetect

  • RE: Identifying passion for security?
    ... indicator of insecurity passion, but not security passion, per se. ... consider prison time for hacking to be an indicator of passion in security. ... Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time. ... Web surfing just became a whole lot safer. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: 2010 is going to be a make or break year for Gun Control
    ... So we have the choice of cowboying up or living like frightened little mice. ... Speak with nobody. ... Make prison a living hell of boredom and utter quietude. ... Shitheads like the ACLU and other bleeding heart liberal sorts are more concerned that the inmates be comfy than that they pay a price for their transgressions. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: OT - Able Danger, PING Loonis!
    ... It must have been a local jail you were referring to where the guy was ... Nobody is going to get out of any "prison", ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Breaking: Coleman DNA match
    ... Oh I thought he came across as pretty convincing too, ... And he claimed his 'crime' to be of a very minor nature. ... until I dug deeper, found out how long a time he'd spent in prison, and ... realized 'nobody goes to prison for this minor crap he'd been describing to ...
    (alt.true-crime)