RE: Security policies - few questions!

Hi !

Here, if the violation was a little hard (I mean, if the user knew he was doing something wrong, not if the user did something wrong by mistake), his bonus is removed from his salary for the next month ; that's half of his salary. It happened for instance to a guy who played with password-crackers and virus-makers.

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Faheem SIDDIQUI
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 1:24 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Security policies - few questions!

Hi guys...

So what are the enforcements/punishments usually written down in IS
Security policy or Acceptable Usage Policy, for non-compliance to it's
clauses. I mean, termination is a bit far fetched. I am looking for
something more on the monetary/ denial of IT services, front.

...Also..what are the best practices in e-mail retention? In exchange
*tsk* environment, it's quite impossible to save emails of about 2000
users on central server with regular backups. If user workstation
crashes, the mail goes too.The best IT Helpdesk can do is re-ghost
image. What else can be done apart from setting 'store mail on the
server' for top executives?

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp?loc=sfmaildetect

  • Security policies - few questions!
    ... So what are the enforcements/punishments usually written down in IS Security policy or Acceptable Usage Policy, ... it's quite impossible to save emails of about 2000 users on central server with regular backups. ... If user workstation crashes, the mail goes too.The best IT Helpdesk can do is re-ghost image. ... What else can be done apart from setting 'store mail on the server' for top executives? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Third-parties and vendors
    ... I was wondering how everyone holds third-parties and vendors to their ... security policies. ... I have a few templates with suggestions, ... Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time. ...
    (Security-Basics)