Re: About War Driving ..

You wrote 29 ноября 2006 г., 17:17:15:

Hi ,
I was wondering if it is possible to locate and catch
a guy who is connecting to our wep wireless network
and downloading stuff from torrents and using up our
bandwidth ..
I checked up with arp scan and found 2 unknown IPs and 247
Is there anyway of locating the guy in a building of 7
floors and how to stop this ..I have tried changing
the Wep keys so . he is cracking the wep key.
Any Suggestion People ?

You may try authentication based on MAC-address of client machine.
Although attacker may be able to spoof MAC-address too. I think you
need a complex desicion, based on strong cryptography (WPA2),
mac-address filtering, proxy-server (where you autheticate users with
login and pass), etc..

Best regards,

Relevant Pages

  • About War Driving ..
    ... and downloading stuff from torrents and using up our ... the Wep keys so. ... Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! ...
  • Re: WiFi Connection Problem with Tungsten C
    ... >>router using the built-in WiFi capabilities. ... >>As far as I can tell, the problem is related to WEP ... Along the way I updated the firmware on the router which was ... is matching the number of WEP keys. ...
  • RE: Wireless Pent-Test
    ... The weakness is in the Key Scheduling Algorithm in WEP. ... These packets have a problem with weak ... Subject: Wireless Pent-Test ... modified their firmware to eliminate the generation of 'weak' WEP keys. ...
  • RE: Dlink wifi wont work after SP2 installed.
    ... SP2 resets all wep info. Make sure you re-enter the wep keys. ... > longer connect to my home wireless network. ... My access point is a Dlink ...
  • WLAN: WEP key generation with nwepgen?
    ... I have an 802.11b access point by Allnet and I want to establish a WEP ... protected connection from a Linux client. ... When I enter the WEP keys in hexdec, ... What algorithm does my access point use? ...