Re: About War Driving ..

I'm guessing this is a buisness wireless network, not home based?
It's possible that this is an inside job. Someone who works in the building could be bringing a laptop inside (or sitting outside in their car for that matter), using a legitimate wep key which you gave out to your employees.
I would reccomend setting up your wireless network to:
1) Disable DHCP and manually assign an IP address to each wireless device
2) Set the wireless security settings to only allow MAC addresses of known machines (you have to enter the MAC addresses by hand most likely).

This isn't guranteed to prevent them from accessing the network, but it will make it a lot more difficult. Now they'll have to spoof the MAC address of another machine, which just happens to be offline while they're spoofing.

Please note though, I don't have a lot of experience with wireless networking.
The only true way of making a wireless network unhackable is not to use one at all.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HP LaserJet 3015
    ... connected to the wireless network. ... me guidance how to configure the Mac pc to print to the printer. ... Open System Preferences and select the "Print & Fax" Preference Pane. ... assume that in the window that opens you will see no printers in the ...
  • Re: Airport Express - Share Wireless Connection
    ... Mac A connects to the hotel WiFi network, ... enabled to share from Airport to Ethernet. ... Any other computers connect to the wireless network created by Mac B. ... Mac A will have a single NAT layer to the Internet. ...
  • Re: linksys wireless nic getting bad mac address from router?
    ... Workgroup is correct, router ssid ... Then the windows network manager claims there ... the router Mac address is, ... The PC's wireless network adapter has its ...
  • Re: Advantages of encryption security over a simple MAC Filter?
    ... bit Wep encryption is the norm... ... what about just setting up a MAC filter? ... that can access the wireless network. ... WEP has been proven to be ineffective and easily cracked. ...
  • Re: MAC security (Re: Question about Wireless)
    ... such permitted MAC addresses that script kids can exploit? ... Without any encryption on the wireless network it is trivial to capture ... ARP packets even if your MAC address had not been whitelisted? ...