From: "lyal.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lyal.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:27:15 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Enterprise Level Email Encryption

Why would you install software in a company that breaks laws, and cripples the company, legally?

S/MIME and PGP lock company data into the hands of individuals - definitely bad news!
Voltage isn't much better.

Problems occur when staff leave but don't unlock their data, password/key changes means older emails are not accessible anymore and blackmail opportunities et al are created by using such software.

Consider Key2Mail instead - provided the requested functionality, and allows the company to meet the law.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • RE: Deny client from obtaining IP address
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Sandboxie
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?
    ... I work in a small organisation and the system and network administrators ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: user default password checking tool
    ... If you are in an Windows 2003/2000 domain enviroment, ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to find process behing TCP connection ?
    ... If not, perhaps you could attempt to telnet or putty into the port, and see ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)