Re: RE: One computer two different networks

I have had to supply a solution to a problem similar to that set out here. My preferred solution was to provide one or two seperate PCs (old OS8.6 & OS9 Macs actually) on each floor where individuals could share the resourse. As well as proiding complete isolation, this solution also had the benefit of beng able to see which individuals were using the Internet and, by placing the machines in a 'public' area on each floor, what they were using it for. Because idividuals were not able to hide behind their own monitors, 'casual' browsing was almost eliminated! The very limited use these machines received proved that very few staff actually needed Internet access from their desktop. Howeer, after I moved on, they got their way and everone had Internet access (via a proxy server) and very shortly afterwards began to have PCs that become slower and slower and riddled with spyware etc.

What, precisely, do these people need Internet access for?

If a few extra, seperate, shared machines is not acceptable, what about acessing the Internet from a terminal server? Better still, a terminal server image running on a virtual machine that could be reloaded every day (or additionally when a problem occured with the TS)?

But I would strongly recommend seperate machines.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • RE: Re: Enterprise Level Email Encryption
    ... correspondence with the sender upon realizing your own ignorance, ... Original> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... Original> The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: network security, network in general PODcast?
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... practice to master. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Recover passwords from firefox.
    ... FirePassword: Firefox username/password decryptor ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Verifying E-Mail Addresses
    ... correspondence with the sender upon realizing your own ignorance, ... Original> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... Original> The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... Original> in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: user default password checking tool
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ...
    (Security-Basics)