From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of xun dong
Sent: Wednesday, 11 October 2006 8:32 PM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Social Engineering Data set

Hello list;

I am currently doing research on Social Engineering Attacks. Unlike the
technical hack, I found that there is few useful and well documented SE
attack examples on the Internet. So I decided to create a data set for
SE attacks, and I am willing to publish it for free on the Internet.

However, I think only my own experience would not be able to make this
dataset as comprehensive as possible. So I would like to ask for help on

this list. If you think you have SE attack examples, you can email me.
Of course for confidential reason you should not use the real name in
your example. If you don't mind I will also publish your name along with

the example you provided. Thanks a lot in advance. I hope this could be
a step forwards in protecting against SE attacks.

--
Xun Dong
Research Associate

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic
Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec
management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed
degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus
---

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation in respect of matters arising within those States and Territories of Australia where such legislation exists.

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disclose the information. If you have received this email in error, please inform us promptly by reply email or by telephoning +61 2 9286 5555. Please delete the email and destroy any printed copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. You may not rely on this message as advice unless it has been electronically signed by a Partner of BDO or it is subsequently confirmed by letter or fax signed by a Partner of BDO.

BDO accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments due to viruses, interference, interception, corruption or unauthorised access.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • RE: Social Engineering Data set
    ... I am currently doing research on Social Engineering Attacks. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE The NSA has ... designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • AW: reverse proxy with content inspection and attacks prenventions
    ... reverse proxy with content inspection and attacks prenventions ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re[2]: Social Engineering Data set
    ... I am currently doing research on Social Engineering Attacks. ... Department of Computer Science ... Norwich University ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE The NSA has ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: web browser security/hardening
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Re: Proxy detecting script