Re: cymphonix

After a brief look it appears that the "appliance" you reference is, in reality, just a Linux or BSD box, as most of them are. ie. A moderately talented sysadmin could run up the same functionality in a relatively short space of time for hardware cost alone. I suspect that you'll pay oodles for the "seamless integration", GUI interface and 1337 looking (but it's not red!) case. And then there'll be the ongoing signature subscription fees... A colleague of mine used to say "It's nice to have people pay you for doing work. But it's even nicer to have people pay you for doing nothing!". This company adheres to that philosophy I think. I could be harsh and say that these boxes are for admins who are too stupid to use tcpdump, Snort and Perl etc. to snoop on users' IM...but I won't, because I don't condone snooping on IM anyway.

Cheers,

Peter

Francois Yang wrote:
I was wondering if anyone here as played with the Cymphonix products
(www.cymphonix.com), especially the DC30X and can give me some feed
back.
I've looked around on google for similal products with the same
functions, but couldn't find any. I usually don't like the all in one
appliances, but this one doesn't look too bad.
The reviews I've seen doesn't seem to be too bad and I've also
attended the web demo. I just wanted to see what everyone else here
tought about it and if there are other products that are better if not
comparable.

Thanks.

Frank.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: anonymous proxy or tor onion routing for privacy
    ... googling I saw a lot of pay services for anonymity. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Verifying E-Mail Addresses
    ... correspondence with the sender upon realizing your own ignorance, ... Original> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... Original> The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... Original> in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: user default password checking tool
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: dd vs windows...
    ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... in Information Security. ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to find process behing TCP connection ?
    ... Just wanted to point out that under *NIX, if you get rooted, your copy of lsof will probably be trojaned to hide the attacker's rootkit and malicious activity. ... initiates connection to service on port 139 too many workstations. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ...
    (Security-Basics)