Re: Security procedure question

Hi,

I dont believe this would ever work as a piece of paper is still a piece of paper.
It has no value in the modern world, but maybe if you wrote the passwords on $1000 bill maybe then.

Ive lost three credit cards so far as well!!!!

Dubz.

Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,

I remember reading somewhere that one practice for having strong passwords
was to allow the users to write them down but treat the paper on which they
were written like a credit card. If I remember correctly, the argument went
that since people don't leave credit cards lying around, they would not
leave their passwords lying around either.

Has anyone tried this approach?

Pranav

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Password Storage
    ... strongly believe that storing passwords in documents ... how do you account for having multiple ... Norwich University ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security procedure question
    ... I remember reading somewhere that one practice for having strong passwords ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ... If this was indeed the case then ATM PIN codes would be written on the credit cards:) ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Password Cracking using Djohn
    ... > employees and we are moving over to user created passwords. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security procedure question
    ... I remember reading a paper where the author, a university professor, let 1/3 of his students pick their own passwords, told 1/3 to use randomly generated passwords, and told the remaining 1/3 to use the above procedure. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Verifying E-Mail Addresses
    ... correspondence with the sender upon realizing your own ignorance, ... Original> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... Original> The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... Original> in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)