Re: password administration procedure

One thing we need to do is change passwords for all of the accounts that
are admins on a list. Of course there are complications with changing these
passwords in the Sun environment and we will need to do it very carefully
because just changing a password can break a lot of things.

We need to work out the process of getting it done for all of the systems
affected and document this step-by-step.

Do you guys have any idea or get some input or some references or
similar or something
similar that can help?
Thanks and regards,

Eric

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Password Storage
    ... strongly believe that storing passwords in documents ... how do you account for having multiple ... Norwich University ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security procedure question
    ... I remember reading somewhere that one practice for having strong passwords ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ... If this was indeed the case then ATM PIN codes would be written on the credit cards:) ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Password Cracking using Djohn
    ... > employees and we are moving over to user created passwords. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ... Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security procedure question
    ... It has no value in the modern world, but maybe if you wrote the passwords on $1000 bill maybe then. ... Ive lost three credit cards so far as well!!!! ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security procedure question
    ... I remember reading a paper where the author, a university professor, let 1/3 of his students pick their own passwords, told 1/3 to use randomly generated passwords, and told the remaining 1/3 to use the above procedure. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ... Excellence in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)