Security procedure question

We're going to be deploying whole disk encryption to our laptops so I am
interested in hearing how others have distributed the software
encryption ID's and passwords to users. I'm concerned about a user
leaving the id and password on paper in or near the laptop.

Sam Brown

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

  • Re: Parallels and WinME
    ... which I use for anything without a security ... passwords to get into and two of those passwords must be completely ... unmemorable passwords, there are a group of laptops owned by the MOD ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: mac mini/wif fi/ usb
    ... WiFi that's built into the laptops, but that would be far too easy..... ... Well I can understand some of the reasons why not, ... annoyingly even the basic ability to stop users changing their ... multitude of staff users changing their passwords to some random ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Password Decoding
    ... has been set up using microsoft windows XP within a laptop that i have ... Laptops can have passwords at a number of levels. ... While BIOS passwords are no big deal generally, ... Nowadays I believe some laptops use the ATA password on the hard disk ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: FDE solution for laptops
    ... Seems easier just a disk encryption method that doesnt mess with the ... We use and resell pointsec. ... Subject: FDE solution for laptops ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: BIOS and Hard Drive Passwords - Are they effective security approaches?
    ... > passwords on laptops? ... > If users forgot the BIOS passwords, the system could not boot up. ... > The BIOS passwords can be reset by a hardware technician in no time. ... > It could increase the support costs. ...
    (comp.security.misc)